Impossible to change network type from 4G to 2G
Which version of the software are you running?
I am trying to change the network type in the network settings (EDGE, 3G, 4G/LTE). When I go from 4G to EDGE (2G), the network switches. If I exit the settings and come back, 4G is selected again, and the network switches back to 4G.
The network should remain on the selected network and not change by itself.
Steps to reproduce
- Have Wifi turned off
- Go to Network
- Selected your mobile network
- Develop advanced parameters
- Change from 4G to 2G
- Wait for the change to take effect
- Use the return arrow at the top-left
- Tap again you Mobile Network
- In the advanced parameters, 2G has switched back to 4G by itself, and the phone switches to 4G
Describe the impact this has on your everyday experience
In an area not well covered by 4G, the Fairphone switches a lot between networks, which causes the battery to discharge more rapidly, and phone calls to be unstable.
Medium impact- I have alternatives (or a workarounds) that mitigate the problem
Internal Issue ID