Alarm does not work reliably if battery saver is turned on
Which version of the software are you running?
- fp2_sibon-userdebug 9 21.03.0-rel.2 sibon-3cb25d6c
After the update from A7 to A9, the "Clock" app does not start the alarm if the app is closed before the set alarm at hh:mm. In those cases, the notification screen still shows "Upcoming alarm at hh:mm", also after hh:mm.
The alarm of the "Clock" app should always start at the set hh:mm, independent on how the app was closed/treated before the alarm. I never had this problem in A7.
Steps to reproduce
- In the "Clock" app, set the alarm to one minute in the future. Go to home screen.
- Press square button, scroll to left, press "CLEAR ALL" (if this step is omitted, everything works as expected).
- In the current minute, there are two alarm icons in the upper status bar, one on the left side and one on the right (is this intended?).
- Once hh:mm is reached, the alarm icon on the upper right vanishes and the alarm does not start.
Is there a workaround?
- Disable battery optimization of the Clock app:
- Settings -> Apps -> Clock -> Advanced -> Battery -> Battery Optimization -> Clock -> Don't optimize
- Alternatively: Omit step 2 or use another alarm app.
Describe the impact this has on your everyday experience
I have to say I am quite pissed. Hundreds of Euro, old hardware, old software, and on top of this, not even the alarm is properly working. I had some pretty stressful mornings due to this bug. Saving the world yayyy.