Downgrade from 21.05 to 19.11.2 results in infinite reboot
Which version of the software are you running?
21.05.0 -> 19.11.2
Did the upgrade from 19.11.2 to 21.03 and then 21.05.0 via the Updater app. Due to several issues (#127 (closed), #99 (closed)) I decided to switch back to 19.11 for the time being. I downloaded the manual installer from https://code.fairphone.com/projects/fp-osos/user/fairphone-open-source-os-downloads.html and successfully applied the downgrade.
Since then the phone is permanently rebooting after reaching the login screen. Sometimes it shows the SIM PIN entry screen for a couple of seconds, sometimes it doesn't even get that far.
After a downgrade I should be able to log in to the installed OS.
Steps to reproduce
- Download the manual installer for Fairphone Open 19.11.2.
- Install it using fastboot.
- Wait for the system to boot up the first time, try to log in.
Is there a workaround?
Do a factory reset as described in https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001610926-How-to-make-a-Factory-reset-on-Fairphone-2-
- The only way to stop the infinite reboot is to remove the battery.
- Tried unsuccessfully, resulting in the same behaviour:
- Switching the phone on after reinserting the battery.
- Removing the SD card and booting without.
- Flashing version 19.11.2 again.
- Deleting the cache from the system recovery menu.
Describe the impact this has on your everyday experience
High impact/Blocking- The alternatives or workaround are not enough