Random shutting down / reboot
If your Fairphone 2 is unstable (the phone is crashing and rebooting), please go through the list below and check which points might apply:
- Wi-Fi issues
- Please test if your phone is more stable when Wi-Fi is turned off
- If this makes your device more stable, it would help us a lot if you could share details about your Wi-Fi router or access point as well as Wi-Fi configuration. This can allow us to fix compatibility issues in the Fairphone 2 software.
- Have a look here to check what Wi-Fi information you can share with us.
- Also, try updating the firmware of you Wi-Fi router or access point.
- Issues under high load
- Does your phone crash in specific apps, such as when using your browser (Chrome, Firefox), with many tabs, or playing video?
- We are aware that high load might cause instability on some devices. We are currently investigating solutions to resolve or improve this.
- SIM-card-driven instability
- Does your phone become more stable if you remove your SIM card(s)?
- If so, please try different SIM cards in different slots. If the phone works well with other SIMs except yours, you might want to ask for a new SIM from your service provider.
- Other reproducible instability
- If you know your phone is crashing in any other reproducible scenario, please let us know!
- Usually, if we have clear steps to reproduce an issue, it is much easier to resolve it.
- Other unclear instability issues
- If above steps don't give any clear leads, please do a factory reset of your Fairphone 2 and check if the issue persists.
- Hardware failure
- If none of the points above seem to apply, your Fairphone 2 hardware might be unstable.
- Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about this through software updates. If the device is too unstable to be used, you will need to get a replacement.
Update: Hiccup is included in the 20.12.0-beta.0 release
We start shipping our crash reporting service Hiccup again from the 20.12.0-beta.0 release on. This can help us investigating crashes of the phone and the Android system.
What you ca do to help us
Make sure to manually opt in to Hiccup crash reporting via
Settings > System > Maintenance > Hiccup > Send stability information.
- Report your UUID (please type it down, don't just attach a screenshot. The first 8 digits should be enough.)