Unexpected battery drain and shut down behavior
Which version of the software are you running?
Have had the phone shut down many times when going below 40-50% battery. Battery also seems to drain faster when crossing the halfway point.
No shut downs when there's still battery left.
Describe the impact this has on your everyday experience
High impact/Blocking- The alternatives or workaround are not enough
Be advised that after an OS upgrade (or a factory reset) the device will need some time to finish setting up. On an upgraded device with a lot of apps and data, this could take a while. Some of the consequences of such setup can indeed be faster battery drain and an overall sluggishness of the device. You just need to be patient and give the phone time to do its thing
Reported by @lemagoup
I tried a workaround:
- discharge completely the battery
- turn on the phone again and wait it turns off by itself
- do this again 5 or 6 time
- completely charge the phone but do not turn it on (the screen shows a blue battery loading)
- wait for the battery to be fully charged (LED turns green)
- Then you can boot the phone
It seems like draining the battery several times indeed helps Android to interoperate better with the battery. I have done so for the last 3 times and now the enormous drain during a call is gone. Proximity calibration is still not optimal . I do see the screen turning on when on the phone. I have done calibration for another two times, but that does not seem to help.